- Completion with a minimum of 3 years of the balanced undergraduate education, including a minimum of 90 semester hrs or 135 quarter hrs in arts and sciences is needed. For applicants going after undergraduate coursework within the U . s . States or Canada, all 90 hrs (or 135 quarter hrs) should be completed in a regionally accredited U.S. Institution or similarly accredited institution in Canada (Completing the baccalaureate degree is preferred.).
- In case your undergraduate degree comes from a university outdoors the U . s . States and Canada, you have to complete all 32 semester hrs from the needed science coursework in a regionally accredited U.S. institution or perhaps a similarly accredited institution in Canada.
- Minimum course needs:
- 8 semester hrs (with lab) in biology
- 8 semester hrs (with lab) generally or inorganic chemistry
- 8 semester hrs (with lab) in organic chemistry
- 8 semester hrs (with lab) within the physical sciences
- 6 semester hrs of British
- 18 semester hrs of humanities and social and/or behavior sciences
Illustration showing an advanced of scholarship (the method for individuals recognized: 3.7 GPA and 11 around the "old" MCAT subtests or 128-129 around the "new" MCAT subtests)
Completing the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) no after September of the season by which application is created. The exam should be taken within 4 years from the enrollment year.
If Emory is designated among the medical schools around the applicant’s AMCAS application, MCAT test results is going to be sent straight to Emory. Applicants shouldn’t send MCAT test leads to Emory.
For that 2016-17 Application Cycle, Emory will prescreen for minimum MCAT scores. For applicants submitting an MCAT taken just before The month of january 2015, Emory will prescreen for any minimum MCAT score of 27 with a minimum of a 7 in each one of the three subtests. Applicants with an MCAT total score of under 27, or perhaps a subtest score of under 7 on the three MCAT subtests won’t get an invitation to accomplish an Emory Supplemental Application. For applicants submitting an MCAT taken The month of january 2015 or later, Emory will prescreen for any minimum MCAT score of 500 with a minimum of a 123 in each one of the four subtests. Applicants with an MCAT total score of under 500, or perhaps a subtest score of under 123 on the four MCAT subtests won’t get an invitation to accomplish an Emory Supplemental Application.
If the applicant has several MCAT score, the latest score will be employed to determine eligibility.
Applications from individuals who’ve taken the MCAT greater than three occasions won’t be reviwed through the Admissions Committee.
Submission of internet application with the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) in the following site: www.aamc.org
Submission of the $120 application fee (fee amount susceptible to change) and photograph (the applying fee and photograph is posted digitally using the Emory Supplemental Application). Fee waivers from the Emory Supplemental Application fee are granted to individuals applicants to whom AMCAS has waived its application fee.
All materials should be posted online no after 11:59 pm Eastern Time on December one of the application cycle.
Contact with patients inside a clinical setting. These include volunteering in a local hospital or clinic, clinical volunteer work abroad, or shadowing a health care provider. The Admissions Committee is most thinking about applicants who’ve face-to-face knowledge about the individual-physician relationship.
Medical students must meet our technical standards to do the Physician of drugs program. Please visit How to find more details.